Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Can I have a DO Over?



Warning: This will be a whine-fest if you don't wanna hear it, then skip this Post.

Now for all of those who truly love me... Here is my whine.... K... Jeff leaves at 6:05 or so... I attempt to sleep through it but.. ya know...
6:28- Jeffrey comes in to tell me of his dream. Comfort him and spend some time talking...
6:55- Jessa has joined us and they ask if they can watch cartoons, I state the dishwasher must be emptied first. (Standard procedure here. See Post The Dreaded Dish Detail)
7:07- I hear the unmistakeable sound of a dish breaking, so it's cleaned up and no children end up with cut feet Thank goodness, So I am up. However being as prego as I am, I really am not ready to be because as any woman who has been there can attest, Sleep for the grossly pregnant is not true sleep. Between needing extra pillows and 20 minimum required trips to the bathroom per night, It just doesn't stay dark long enough.
So I decide to try to lay down for a lil more rest. Within 5 min. Jessa is there asking for candy or cookies, or pretzels... ummm... NO! Let's try breakfast, so I get her a bowl of cereal. Forget laying back down. Within 10 minutes she has taken a total of 3 bites and is "full." So I tell her to dump the soggy mess, fine, I am not up to arguing and by now it does look pretty gross. Well on her way to the kitchen she dumps it twice, Once in the living room, once in the kitchen, "Oops, it was an ass'ident mom!" Clean up that disaster, K... What time is it now?
7:20- I am in the bathroom when I realize that someone has taken out the trash but not replaced the bag. So I call for Jeffrey to bring me a sack. That was the biggest mistake....
Jessa comes in and she drops a bag on the floor that makes a splat sound. About this same time, Jeffrey says, "OH MY!!! She got paint everywhere!"
Paint??! Where would paint come from? I look at her, it's all over her jammies, her feet and the tile floor... AGHH! (Remember we just signed on the house to be sold. Dare I look in the Hallway?)
There is white paint down the hall, across the kitchen tile, on my table legs, on the chair legs, through the laundry room and into the tool/storage room where there lays a paint can on it's side with a huge puddle of white latex paint. (Yeah, I am in tears by now!)
So I start to clean up beginning by stripping Jessa in the bathroom. Both kids have the paint on their feet so after cleaning them I exile them to their rooms and begin the cleanup process....
7:45- I call in the reserve troops (AKA Grandma) because I do love my children and I know it wasn't intentional. But I just might lose it if anything else happens though... LOL
By the time grandma arrives I have been able to salvage the carpet and the tile, (the grout shows some signs... but hey it's not bad at all comparatively speaking!) and get most everything into some sembalance of normal.
9am- Do I really want to continue with this day? Can I have a do over?

No comments: