Thursday, August 25, 2005

AH the dreaded Dish Detail

Children everywhere for all know ages of time have hated to do dishes. I hated dishes, my friends hated dishes, and I am sure that my parents hated dishes when they were kids. My father tells the story of the dishwater in the home he grew up in, it was SO HOT that the only way you could stand it was to plunge both hands in and wait until they numbed and then begin washing. In my house growing up, 9 people ate every meal and whatever didn't fit in the dishwasher was washed by hand. If some evil sibling had not caught up the dishes before passing the chore onto you, You inherited 2 sinkfulls to begin the agonizing week it would remain your chore. The dishes must be done multiple times a day in that house in order to not get behind.

But now My child has caught the dreaded virus. Dishes are no longer a fun time in the kitchen. It is a harrowing ordeal to be survived.... And I have the role as the evil troll, the unyielding parent. How could I think of turning off Jimmy Neutron in order to make sure the dishwasher was emptied???
Somewhere along the way I became the bad guy. My son is in my place and I remember how wretched it was to SLAVE over dishes. (Of course it was much worst in my house.) Now Jeffrey doesn't even have to reload the dishwasher- he just empties the clean ones.

but the true secret is... I still hate dishes and am happy to pass on the dreaded chore.. hahahahha~ (an evil cackle) It builds character, right?

And see I am not the only one either.... http://www.simplyfamily.com/display.cfm?articleID=000914_magic_sink.cfm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Jenna! Jacob sent me a link to your webpage so I thought I'd leave a comment. I like all of the photos - Jessyln is a lot bigger than the last time I saw her. =) I thought this story (about the dishes) was really cute too. Okay, well I look forward to our next scrapbooking party. =) Bye!