Wednesday, October 18, 2006

To Sleep with Innocent Abandon




A long time ago in a class I took, Psychology maybe?, Anyhow, It said that when we are very young, Healthy children will sleep completely "exposed", tummy up, arms outstretched, legs spread. It is a sign of a healthy child when they sleep in such a way. Abused children will rarely sleep in an "exposed" position. Most would sleep on their stomachs or curled into a ball. And as we grow older and learn of the dangers in the world around us we are less likely to be able to sleep comfortably in an exposed position, even in deepest sleep.


Like I said, I have no idea where exactly I heard this but it is one of those things I read and it stuck. So tonight I slipped into Jessa's room to put away some laundry and I found her "exposed" in sleep. I smiled, covered her up and went back to sorting laundry... I look over on the bed and there is Jack sleeping in an exact replica of Jessa's position. Too Cute. Had to get the camera. Tried to get Jeffrey but he must have passed that stage of sleepless abandon. He rolled over every time the camera flashed. Sleep Well! :)

No comments: