Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Things I have learned about Moving...

1. Don't cry... "It" will break during shipping. (sniff... Sniff...)
2. Hire a cleaning company to clean on the day of possession.. (Eew eeeww eeeww! I don't like cleaning my own shower soap scum let alone someone else's that hasn't been cleaned in a year and a half!) I seriously would have been ashamed to leave my home half as dirty as this lady left hers. I would have to pray to NEVER meet up with her again.
3. Invest in shelf paper. Shelf paper is my friend. (after cleaning crew has come through.) And like I would put my dishes in those cupboards???!!! Even after scrubbin em down with detergent and bleach- This house is in a very nice neighborhood... not the Hood like my previous one! LOL
4. Buy a new fridge.... Okay maybe you can bypass this if home comes with a good one and the cleaning crew is instructed to clean it. The one left for us was seriously disgusting... coffee grounds in the bottom, spilled food... just eeewww!
5. When moving appliances... Even when the guys do it for a living, insist on laying down a cardboard box. (Yeah, when delivering my new fridge, the delivery guys mutilated the new kitchen floor. Never fear, it will be replaced at their expense next week.)
6. I was WAY to lenient when I got into my house. I was a good seller if I do say so myself. I let the soon to be owners come over, take pictures, show their friends. I moved in 20 days!!! Ugh, a week after we had closed, (we closed the 29th of Sept) The previous owners finally come over to dig up the plants they wanted out of the yard. (Was supposed to be done when they vacated on the 2nd. {Note that is 3 days after closing and they were still removing stuff from the garage and shed all afternoon that day!} I allowed they could come the next day - the 3rd, they called and asked to come on the following Saturday 7th. And they were here ALL DAY!) Hello... You don't own the house anymore.... you can leave now! :P
7. Just Breathe, Breathing is good.
8. Wall Murals look cool but must be put up by an Octopus or a Spider as they require many more arms than a human has. Or even 2 humans have! hehehe...
9. Electronics cords disappear into a black hole when you move. It sucks them in- never to return until you have paid and arm and 2 legs to buy all new ones and then they will magically appear in a box you have looked into 6 times. ( I am set to break down to buy new computer cords tryin' to fake mine out into showing up.)
10. If you are going to mark a box MISC or Miscellaneous..... Let me kill you now! LOL>>> Bless their hearts we truly appreciated our loving friends that came and helped endless hours getting us moved. Especially with me being sick and having baby Jack and all. But the sheer number of boxes I found marked miscellaneous was unreal. If there was 1, there had to have been 30. No joke. Why did we bother to mark it???? Chuckle

and finally... MOVING JUST STINKS!! We will make this home and One day I will get it just the way I want it--- and move the next month! :)

No comments: