Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Conference...

It's been a busy week. But I wanted to share about my experiences of the last 2 days. Earlier this week I spoke with a woman to see about getting clothes for some evacuees that are staying in my area. We have this "My Sisters Closet" at the Stake Center that has Nice Dresses and work clothes for those that need those. It is an ongoing thing in our area. For like, new converts to the church that can't afford to buy dresses to attend church comfortably like everyone else. or People that are trying to better themselves and get new jobs. You know... Anyhow, I called this woman that had access to it to see if we had anything in the sizes I needed and we got to talking.
For nearly a year now, there was this Single Adult regional Conference planned and this lady was also in charge of that. So we got off on a tangent about that and she explained how so many people had cancelled and stuff due to the hurricane and gas shortages. What was once a very large conference with people from as far as Tennessee was now a VERY small conference. So anyhow, I offered to help however I could and was asked to do one of the classes offered. EEEK! But I took on the challenge. And am I ever glad I did! It was such a neat experience. I did my 2 classes this morning. I think this is the first time I have given the same lesson twice in a row. Each class was unique. But you could really feel The spirit as we discussed things. I loved it. I miss those conferences like we got as Youth. This was for the Single Adults 31 and up, but I think they should have these for married couples too. It would be soo awesome. hmmm... maybe in a few months I should bring up the idea of it! :P See there I go again. Tryin to create more to do!

But last night, one of the things they offered was a concert by Marvin Goldstein Since so many singles were not able to come, they opened it up so Married couples could come for just $12 each. Woohoo! So we went and I just really enjoyed. That man is SOOO talented. I had seen him preform once before at an EFY in Tampa in I think it was 1994. But he is somethin else on the piano! Very fun. Loved it! Anytime you get the opportunity to listen it is definately worth the time and effort (and The $$) to see him preform live. I love the music he plays but to see it is something else. This guys seriously sits at the piano for the entire show and plays these AMAZINGLY complicated pieces and never once it there a single sheet of music on the piano. But he shared "his version" of the primary songs and how they "should be played." He is very talented and spiritual and funny all at the same time. So that's my plug for the day! LOL :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm sure they were glad for your help, what a neat experience!