Wednesday, September 28, 2005

And he's off!



About 4-5 years ago my husband Jeff caught this disease. It is really bad and has gotten even worse over time. It does not always have obvious symptoms but there are Flare Ups throughout the year and it a certain time of year, they last for months. And what is this dreaded disease you ask?

He has Nascar Fever... Yep, It's that Bad.
For the past few years my Dad has taken several of his best customers to Talladega Speedway for a Nascar Weekend. They have a RV/Camper they all stay in and hang out /around the track and the while shabang. The company pays for the food and tickets and stuff. Every year Jeff has moaned in agony and coveted the tickets my Dad held. So this year my dad has put Jeff on the "setup-Break-it-down crew" (Woohoo! says Jeff as he leaps in the air.) So Jeff will be leaving early tomorrow morning to head up to the speedway and set up for the guests and stuff. He is in 7th heaven just thinkin' about the fun he intends to have this weekend. Watching Qualifying on Friday; The ARCA Series race and then the Nextel Race on Sunday Afternoon. (I was just corrected that it is the "Nextel Cup Race" not the Nextel Race as Jeff came in to ask a question for those of you who actually care about that sort of thing.) So my husband is really excited. He is now packing and is so cute about it. He is currently digging for our rain parkas in case of rain. (Rain parkas? We own rain parkas? Ok, so we do. He found them. He is now wearing it around the house. LOL)
Anyhow, I better go be a helpful lil wifey. hehehe... Perhaps this will make it so I don't ever have to actually attend a race with him. Personally, I am bored enough just having the noise on the TV. Why should I have to torture myself and my ears even more by attending in person?? At least at home I get to scrapbook while it is on! I suppose it is a guy thing. I am happy he has this chance to go to see a live Nascar race. And the kids and I are sure to find some fun things to do this weekend. So watch for my Jeff as you watch the race. He will be the big guy in a parka with a smile the length of the track!
(BTW- that Tshirt he is wearing in the pic, It's part of this Nascar Fever we are trying to treat. hehehe.... On Tuesday as we TRIED to clean out the storage room, Jeff and the kids found this mini pool game. I am slavin away back there, just sortin' away and then... I find I am alone and upon searching them out I found all three happily clustered around this notebook sized table as Daddy taught them to be pool sharks.)

No comments: