Monday, August 29, 2005

The Storm Chaser in Me


The Storm chaser in me woke up several times last night to take a peek at Hurricane Katrina's Progress. She came onto land as a Catagory 4. Early this morning, around 6am central time. So far if is pretty much like windy thunderstorms here. Not much more than we get when a tropical storm blows through. There are tornado sitings in our county. I went outside earlier this morning in between rain showers. Just to feel the winds blow around me. Very Cool. I just love nature. Storms have beauty and power all their own. The winds have had the power to lift our little shed up a good foot off of the ground. I put some logs at the base to help it stay put. We still haven't attached it to the foundation since Dennis came through.. uh.. Suppose we better do that! :P

So today is my 27th Birthday. That is a real grow up huh? Yuck! :P My sweet husband made me my favorite breakfast (French Toast) and I ate it in my Bed. We have read a chapter from our current family book, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." Jeffy says he wants to read 4 chapters today. Made me just laugh. I told him we were going to read a hang out and stay in all day! :)
Just thought I'd share the latest storm track from weather.com. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday jen. see you soon.
-Jake